Friday, February 19, 2010

The Chocolate War DQ's 11-20

1. In your opinion, should Jerry have said no to selling the chocolates?
No.

2. Where does school spirit begin and end? Where do you draw the line? Think about the kinds of things that happen between BHS and GA during football season.
I draw the line at vandalism, School spirit is about painting your face your school colors and cheering on your team at the football games. I dont think you should destroy your apponents school.

3. Should you make sacrifices for your school? Talk about an experience you have had with fundraising at school. What was it like?
It depends on what kind of sacrifices they were talking about. I did a funraiser one time because I thought it would be fun and once I started doing it and nobody wanted to buy anything it became very boring and I didnt want to do it anymore.

4. What makes Brother Leon a bully? Give examples. Where does he cross the line?
He uses psychological warfare against his students to show them that he has power, like when he slapped the kid in the face with the pointer. He crosses the line at that point.

5. Do you think the world is made up of either “victims or victimizers?” Explain.
Yes, because at least once in everybody's life they have had someone attack them verbally or physically or they have attacked someone verbally or physically.

6. How does Brother Leon bribe David Caroni? Would someone else be able to bribe you with a grade?
He told him he would give him a good grade. No, I would not let someone bribe me with a grade.

7. Why does Jerry refuse to sell the chocolates after the assignment is over?
He said he just doesnt feel like selling them.

8. Jerry feels sick every morning because he has to face Leon. What physical symptoms of stress have you experienced in stressful situations?
My stomach would start to hurt and I would get a big lump in my throat.

9. Should the other Brothers do something about the Vigils? If the Vigils existed here at GA, would you want teachers to do something about it? Explain.
I think they should do something about it. If they existed at GA, I would want the teachers to do something about it if they were taking over the school like they do in the story.

10. Does bully happen at GA? Is anything done about it? Why or why not?
People do get bullied at GA. Most of the time nothing is done about it because nobody will say anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment